Mass Update for Weekend of Sept 5-6
St. Matthias parishioners,
Hope you are well and finding ways to have some fun and live your life safely.
Couple of changes for our Mass procedures starting this weekend:
- For those parking in the back lots, you will now be able to walk to the church through the classroom building hallway (past the restrooms) rather than walking around the outside of the buildings.
- We now have a team of people that are cleaning the facilities on a weekly basis. Father is asking though that when you use our facilities, to help out by:
- Leaving the restrooms in order when you are done (pick up loose paper, wipe of the counter, ...)
- If you use one of the meeting rooms, especially if you have food, take the trash out to the dumpster
- For the 10:30 Mass, we will start to use the hall for overflow as needed. This past weekend, over 180 parishioners attended the 10:30 Mass with many sitting in the narthex. Some decided not to stay when they saw the crowd. It's wonderful that so many are ready to come back to Mass so we will accommodate those that will not fit in the church under our current distancing practices by using the hall. You will be able to view the Mass in the church using the hall projector, screen, and sound system. An usher will be in the hall for the Offertory and to guide you for Communion.
Just a reminder that we are asking that all who attend Mass wear a face mask.
Even though you may not feel strongly about needing one for your own benefit, others attending Mass may feel that it's important for their safety that those around have a mask on. This is a small price to pay to be able to be present for the Mass, the gift of the Consecration, to receive our Lord in Communion, and to visit with your fellow parishioners.
on Thursday, September 3 at 1:46PM